Monday, 16 February 2015

Lesson 12: Third Wheel For Valentines' Eve

Last weekend opened my eyes tremendously!

I had a taxing Friday and as such, I was feeling really low. I decided to attend my first MUMSA meeting in years. The officials have changed, and everything is different.

Very different.

After that, I decided to hang out with one of my guy friends, and he told me to go have tea with one of my other friends in his room. She made me some really good tea and we chatted and watched television and just hang out.

When the guy came in, I noticed he kept doing stuff for her. At first i thought he was trying to avoid me because maybe there was some fishy story that i didn't understand. However, later on, i noticed her trying her hardest not to cuddle because that sure would make me feel like a third-wheel.

Key word: Try.

*&*&*&*&

Well, let me let you in on the weird story part.

Back in 2nd year, this guy asked me to watch a movie with him. In his room. Every single girl with a brain the size of a pea knows that most times a guy asks you to go to his room, to watch a movie... and you are not his BFF, or he isn't your cousin or brother, then perhaps he is propositioning you.

I turned the lad down and it has never been the same again.

I say this because i sprained my wrist sometime last year and i asked my dad for help and he told me to take panadol. :-( However, my wrist was in so much pain, so i looked through my contact list and found him. He hadn't texted me in years, and i was fine with it. I mean, we just say hello when we meet plus i am not really looking in that department.

He gave me some good advice, but most of it involved "ask so and so for help because he is a specialist" and i had to put my foot down and tell him that there was a reason i asked him. He finally gave me something to work with and i wrapped my hand with a bandana, before transitioning to a piece of gauze... Is it gauze? Oh well!

Right now, the guy can't look at me without fleeing.

And that is not the cherry on the pie. My friend and him... are dating!

o_O

*&*&*&*&

Luckily for me, i had my laptop with me.

Group work and stuff... Yes, I am still working on it. It's been a tough 1 year man! And i still need to think of a study topic for my next rapid research topic. (Is that how they call it?)

Then i watched National Geographic until they changed the channel. Then i used my computer until it died. Finally, I had to zone off and give into my sleep-ish tendency.

Bottom line: when you are crashing a romantic party of two, charge your phone, and be happy that you have a life of your own even though you are so miserable. Tut Tut! You are miserable and that is why you don't trust your own company. Yeah? Good girl!

*&*&*&*&

My story has a happy ending.

The guy escorted us respectfully to my hostel. Before that, however, i ran into this young lad who kept calling my attention to himself. He is so cute and cuddly... but we are the same height... let's not go any further than that.

I slept as soon as i laid my head on my bed.

My sister and i went out the next day for lunch and we finally had lunch at Poa Resort. The fish was... not so divine, but it was overall, a good place. People were looking at us like, "okay, what are you two doing here without dates?"

Yeah, yeah, yada, yada.

I have to go. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment