It is 28°C outside and I absolutely do not see the point of going out to stock up my house. See, I've been at my friend's house for a sleepover since Friday and I brought her heat-stroked bananas that look absolutely creepy (I bought them in the dark and I have to thank or blame, either way, my poor night vision for that). She is running low on supplies too, and is preparing to go out and purchase them. Meanwhile, I'm thinking of how to escape the scorching sun while walking back to my house, of which I will lose track of time again and end up with no dinner. Again.
Don't even get me started on the forms I was supposed to print on Friday afternoon, but which I postponed to yesterday afternoon and which I still haven't done until now. Honestly speaking, I am having my doubts about having come for the sleepover.
It is so much hotter here because we are also closer to the equator, and the slow rural life makes you slow down until Monday morning. I guess this place works better for students than for me.
I have a novel I promised I'd read, but I haven't even looked at it's cover once I placed it in my bag.
So what am I doing with all my hours? Well, even I am not sure. One minute you're nursing a glass of water or a cup of tea and it is 1.00pm, the next minute it is 5.00pm and your laundry is still waiting to be folded up. Where did the time go? I really wonder too.
While I was on leave, the afternoons were too slow, I actually had to dance through them to get to 6.00pm. You'd read a novel and find yourself wondering if it was already an hour, but when you looked at the phone or clock, only five minutes would have gone by.
I am still wondering about how to handle my procrastination. I sincerely can't think of how to leave the coolness of my house for the heat of the blazing afternoon sun. Yes, an umbrella would be great, but then I'd probably forget it somewhere. My mum advised me to buy a hat, but I'm feeling too worried about the heat to actually go buy a hat.
You know, years ago I actually beat procrastination by telling myself that I would do something as soon as I had to, and that was my principle. Sometime last year, I caught the procrastination bug due to exhaustion from work and now I can't seem to shake it off. I really need to make a change. A huge change. I just don't know how to do it... Maybe I should start with the printing and hat this afternoon?
I also wish the apathy would just go away. I know that my character as a Pisces sometimes makes me look really lazy and uninterested, but most times I just have too much on my mind and I can't bring myself to focus on anything but those things called thoughts. Maybe I should try blocking them like I did in campus by listening to music while moving around. That was definitely fun. I even made it a trend and everyone started doing it when I stopped. Maybe I should bring it back, along with the cute dark glasses for photosensitivity (but which most people will think is for fashion. Not that it isn't, but health comes first for me).
Wow, this is the most honest blog post I have done in a while. I gotta give myself a pat on my back. Hold up, lunch is ready. I have to go. Bye! See you on my next post.
Sincerely,
Me.
No comments:
Post a Comment