Sometimes I feel like I'm having a perfect day as a star in my own novel or movie or series. Other days I feel like the exact opposite of that. Everyone, with or without a uterus, feels this way I'm told.
Have you ever had to struggle out of bed because you were depressed? Or try to get to work on time because you overslept again? Sounds familiar? Well, how does this tie to curves? I'll tell you how: this is probably a story for a future blog post. Okay, now I'm even scaring myself.
So, you are probably wondering why i'm writing my post today about curves. Well, these curves are not only womanly but they are also manly and humanly (that didn't sound right, but give me a chance to explain).
See, the world is so obsessed right now with curves... Yes? The right size of booty or the right size of boobage (I can't believe I said that! I'm wild today. I did not have coffee, I swear!) and even the right size of the hips and waist. Now, medically these are important, especially with the hips and the waist (the boob size too because breasts store a lot of fat).
However, today I'm going to divert and hijack our definition of curves. Just for today. Yes? Okay, apart from all that bass and tenor stuff, what other parts of your body are curved? I'd say quite a number! It leaves me wondering how God could take all these shapes and put them together to make a vessel as beautiful as you and I... He is amazing!
So, I'd like to list things like your lips (probably curled up and down depending on how this post makes you feel), your eyes, your nose, your ears, your ribs, collar bones and the plantar nexus... Etc etc etc.
I know... So many curves on us, right? I bet you never thought of it that way! Or maybe you did. In that case, we are blood, you and I (quoting The Jungle Boy by Rudyard Kipling... Sorry. My mind is weird today).
What makes these small arches and dips so special? Well, young padawan, I am glad you asked (quoting Starwars... Told you something is weird with me today). Try to imagine having just holes for ears, like birds and reptiles do... Wouldn't that be weird? Or having just sockets and no eyeballs? It would actually be super creepy to be a human being. Yes, your pinna and your eyeballs and everything else you have is beautiful and there for a reason.
Not only aesthetically but also scientifically. I mean, the pinnacle collects sound (or noise. Or both) and directs it to the middle and inner ear. Every part of your body has a purpose... And that is why you should be glad and thankful you were not born as a bird in this lifetime (but I have bird brain sometimes. This doesn't count).
Not that birds are not special, because they are and they have curves too.
Away from the deviations... All I'm trying to say is, while we are over there or here celebrating curves and contours and dips and what not, as beauty standards, we should not forget the things that help us be more human and live our lives as humans. Yes, celebrate your pinnas and take care of them.
I have to go. Supper might be burning. Bye!
Sincerely,
Me.
No comments:
Post a Comment