Friday, 29 June 2018

Lesson 26: Of Travel Plans and Procrastination

I woke up on Thursday morning with 100 doubts weighing on my head and shoulders. You see, earlier this week, I started to fully utilize my dad's 2016 Valentines gift to me. I rarely use it because it has a telkom line. Or orange line. Whicheer tickles your fancy.

Now, my house has blackspots for phone networks. The socket near my bed blindsides safaricom and airtel networks, but for some reason telkom works just fine. My main door has pledged allegiance to safaricom. As for airtel, she has managed to be a mistress to the rest of the house. 

This brings me nowhere. Let's go back a few steps. 

So, my phone took a dunk in the toilet bowl (don't ask). If anyone asks, i say it fell into the sink full of soapy water (heheheh) but now you guys know, so let this be our publicly kept secret (well... i was watching QPark doing the strangest things in New York in the bathroom only because i had to laugh really loudly and i didn't want people to know i was around. this is the half truth version. swallow it and let life go on.

After panicking about it, it shutdown by itself. I found myself calling the support center and then i panicked when i heard that it was already closed until Monday. I was like, "this is outrageous!" in my head. I meekly asked them if they could fix it up and whether the charge would be too high and also if the continued stay of the phone in the moisture was a good idea. 

Cut to a few days later, and i get really bored, so i tell my sister that i'm going to start messing with my exes because I love to stay busy. So i text two of them, and one calls later in the day. With the other we have a pleasant conversation, considering he was more of an admirer than an ex. The caller and i go on to have a conversation later that night that makes me the happiest ex-girlfriend ever- he got married!!! I am bouncing from wall to ceiling to ceiling to floor with the news of his wife being pregnant. I'm like, "I am gonna be an aunt?! Oh my God! Mashaallah!" Of course he made a few passes but they were totally ignored because I was jumping happily inside... 

I love being an aunt. I really do. I'm Fun-Not-Fun-Aunt-Zainab.

Anyway, I decided that this month or next month i want to do something really fun... so i asked a friend in Busia what i can do when i go there. Which started another long conversation which is yet to be completed. Let us just say that I am seriously considering procrastinating the fun visit. For one reason or another. 

Another thing i love doing which is not healthy is procrastinating my leave days. I have somehow gone from happy-go-lucky to I'm-Gonna-Kill-You-If-You-Mess-With-Me and i walk off if i don't agree because if i stay... yeah...

I really should go apply for a few days off for next week. Maybe then I'll come back happier. 

Sincerely,
Me.


No comments:

Post a Comment