Every woman I know finds that time of the month a little exhausting. Which time of the month? Well, remember that time when you're grumpier or moodier or broodier than any other day or week? Yes, that time. Remember when you're bleeding through your vagina like a pig? Yes, that time.
I know, i'm not at all subtle today. Let me get to it because 22% battery (well, now it is 21%) charge is creeping up on me like it owns me, so i'm going to keep it short and sweet.
So, life hacks, huh?
1. Buy a packet of pads any time you go shopping
Yes, this helps you because we've all had that one time when we ran out of pads and we wondered who to send, or debated whether cotton or tissue would help soak up the blood better (and we started calculating the speed of diffusion of blood through the tissue in comparison to the cotton. Wueh!!! Sema equations!).
2. Hello dark panties!
Yes, yes and yes. Pale underwear are not your friends for those three plus days when your bloody friend visits.
3. Cravings' savings
Wait, did you hear the rhyme? Yes, save for your cravings! Don't indulge in them too often unless it is something healthy with little or no fat and/or salt.
4. Nausea fix
You will need a nausea fix. Yes, it can be ginger, or lemon, or both. Infuse them into your tea and have that anytime you feel it creeping up on you.
5. Pimples are normal
I know. As normal as breathing. Don't touch them. Who am I kidding? I have like three right now and they're bloody painful and I already popped two of them.
5. Toothpaste can be friendly.
Toothpaste can be used over your pimples too. I personally prefer to wait till it dries properly to take it off, but there are certain directions of use on beauty blogs, so go with that.
6. Darker sheets
White sheets are a no-no, especially if your monthly visitor loves to make a mess and leak out onto your sheets. Change your sheets as soon as it visits.
7. Regular laundry days
A week before your red letter day, do all your laundry and start washing them daily so as not to harm your back.
8. Painkillers are your friend...
However, don't end up being a pill-head.
9. ... But have a hot water bottle as your ride or die
It helps a lot, even if you get insomnia. A hot water bottle is supposed to be on the same level of importance as people might place painkillers.
10. Exercise a little
Yes. It will get you through insomnia and reduce your pain. I personally dance to a lot of music for the fun of it, until this day comes and I can't.
11. Finally... Cuddling
Cuddling helps a lot.
Wrapping yourself up with a blanket and all the seasons of Gilmore Girls within reach just makes one happy. This is my personal imagination for myself.
And, yes, I am a Gilmore fan.
I hope these will help your starter pack. Good morning!
Gomawo (thank you)
Naega (me).
No comments:
Post a Comment