Wednesday, 21 May 2014

Lesson 4: You Not Gonna Say A Thing?

Yes, being girly is complicated, hard even. Sometimes, i wanna not be a girl, but it's in my DNA and there is nothing i can do to change that.

No, even a sex change can't change the fact that i was meant to be a girl!

Well, i wanna talk about how hard it is to be a girl... during that time of the month when all you wanna do is for someone to leave you the hell alone or keep you warm, whatever mood the hormone instills.

Yes, it is like taboo for men to hear this, but i am gonna say it anyway.
~*~*~*~*
Every girl is different, that much i have said and it is apparent. I will keep saying this till the day you all understand that what works for me might not work for my best friend or cousin.

We are however, similar. Sometimes, all we need is a little love to prove to us that we are important in your lives.

This test is usually common during our menses. I hate that word, it sounds like Men or medicine or something. I know, i am weird!

During that time, all we want is someone to understand us more than ever. I remember how irritable i usually am, and i am glad my sister usually keeps her eyes open. she hugs me when i feel awful.

Then the nausea... don't get me started on the cramps too!

Well, i should let you know that once, when i was having my menses, i wanted no boys and men within my vicinity. Yes, it's weird, but it is part of being girly.

Whatever happens around a girl during that time, respect her wishes, or else you'll end up with battle wounds that will never heal because they were inflicted by a girl.

All you girls out there, i feel your pain!
~*~*~*~*
what to do?

i'd tell you my part of the story.

i've had the worst cramps since i was in third form. i was like 16 or 17 then. I used to spend days dreading those days. When i got to fourth form, it got even worse. I'd starve myself for days because of the abdominal discomfort. I also suffer from ulcers and this condition made my days truly horrific. That was also the one time i would get a running tummy.

What did i do?

Good question!

Well, i stayed that way, trying to eat more vegetables. Even then, my diet change didn't yield much change. When i went to see a doctor, i was told that maybe i have fibroids. These are growths in the uteurs, or on it. I am frightened. I think i have had enough about growths.

right now, i am trying to lose weight to get rid of this problem. I think it might be my safest bet. I believe that maybe i was also stressed, because anytime i am stressed, the pain gets worse. I hope there is someone out there who can relate to this story.

I still try keep my Haemoglobin level up. Yes, we can easily get anaemia, especially for heavy bleeders. You have to be careful about what you eat!
~*~*~*~*
Yes, so i got a little medical up there, huh?

I met this guy who wanted to date me. However, when i was having my painful  cramps, the idiot, (yes he was an idiot, you'll see why) told me it was a normal thing. I almost killed him. Thank God he was about 500kms away. Or else, i wouldn't have been held responsible for  the book hitting i'd give him.

Well, i gotta go. My feet are turning bleu. That's blue in french.

Till later guys.

Oh, by the way, i applied for this SFS KIMANA program and i sent in my application letter. i hope they got it! Yes, now i am gonna go. Bye! Till next time guys! Love you! Mwah!
~Zainab

No comments:

Post a Comment